Flowers: side by side

I recently wrote a note to this group -- concerning two flower plants that are situated side by side; the plants are Hubiscus plants/flowers.

One of the produces flowers, whereas the other one does not. I was always under the impression that these plants are male and female and they need not have the aid of a bee for pollination. (sp?).

Also, I live in Florida, about in the middle of the state, north of Orlando. What is the best time to prune these plants? I have been told

all sorts of things.

Thanks,

Mark

Reply to
mea305

You are fortunate. UFL has one of the best hort sites on the Web:

They have a collection of excellent fact sheets covering hundreds of trees and shrubs:

is one-stop shopping for Extension and university publications throughout the US and Canada:
search for 'hibiscus pruning' turns up this excellent UF factsheet:

-- Karen

The Garden Gate

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." ^and cats -- Cicero =================================================================== On the Web since 1994 Forbes Best of Web 2002 and 2004

Reply to
Karen Fletcher