Flowering Crabapple Suckers

We had to cut off some suckers from the flowering crabapple tree today, and I'm wondering how easy it is to root them and make new trees from them? Should I put them in a bucket with root stimulator, or just plant them directly into the ground with some miracle gro?
Also...I'd like to transplant some of my Turks Cap so other areas of the yard and along our trails...do I just take cuttings, or dig some up?
Thanks for any help...I"m researching the answers on google as well:)
Angie in the Boonies of East Texas
Hi Angie,
Were these suckers coming up from the roots, or were they 'watersprouts' directly off of the trunk?
-- David J. Bockman, Fairfax, VA (USDA Hardiness Zone 7) email: snipped-for-privacy@beyondgardening.com http://beyondgardening.com/Albums

Hi David,
They were coming off the main trunk.
Thanks:) Angie