Flower or weed game..

Zone 5b Southern Ontario Canada
Former home owners were British so they may or may not have transplanted them here...
2 photos for each possible weed
1st one:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/henchman171/sets/72157629971729683 /
2nd one:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/henchman171/sets/72157629607287010 /
Any help identifying would be greatly appreciated!

I don't know either, but I do know that the definition of a weed is "plant out of place". If you like them, they're not weeds.
--
Dan Espen

On 5/5/2012 1:02 PM, Dan Espen wrote:

We do not like them and will be pulling them up this afternoon. But I am asking for knowledge and curiousity. So much to learn....

"When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant." - Anon
--
E Pluribus Unum

Know where your money is tonight?
On 05/05/2012 17:55, The Henchman wrote:

The first one looks like garlic mustard (Alliaria petiolata). http://www.reallywildflowers.co.uk/product/garlic_mustard_hedge_garlic /
--

Jeff

Yep. The other is great celandine (Chelidonium majus).
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

That (garlic mustard) was my first thought, but the leaves look to be too close together and too deeply veined. I believe it's some kind of mint. Is the stem square?
Steve

Crush one of the leaves, if you get a distinct garlic odor I agree with Jeff.

Yes it does indeed! thanks for the heads up!