Flower or weed game..

Zone 5b Southern Ontario Canada

Former home owners were British so they may or may not have transplanted them here...

2 photos for each possible weed

1st one:

one:

Any help identifying would be greatly appreciated!

Reply to
The Henchman

I don't know either, but I do know that the definition of a weed is "plant out of place". If you like them, they're not weeds.

Reply to
Dan Espen

We do not like them and will be pulling them up this afternoon. But I am asking for knowledge and curiousity. So much to learn....

Reply to
The Henchman

"When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant." - Anon

Reply to
Billy

The first one looks like garlic mustard (Alliaria petiolata).

Jeff Layman

Yep. The other is great celandine (Chelidonium majus).

Reply to
Stewart Robert Hinsley

That (garlic mustard) was my first thought, but the leaves look to be too close together and too deeply veined. I believe it's some kind of mint. Is the stem square?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Peek

Crush one of the leaves, if you get a distinct garlic odor I agree with Jeff.

Reply to
Steve Peek

Yes it does indeed! thanks for the heads up!

Reply to
The Henchman