Flower or weed

Hello all

This is my first post and it's an identification question. Can you tell me if the attached picture shows a flower or a weed leaf system.

I'm a complete novice at this, my wife was the green fingered but she sadly passed away last year. So now I'm in charge but don't know my weeds from my elbow.

So if you could identify this plant as friend (flower) or foe (weed) I'd be grateful.

Thanks Derek

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: weed.jpg | |Download:
Derek Lax

Looks like wood geranium.

Can be a flower or a weed depending on your point of view. A weed is simply a plant where you don't want it.

They spread like weeds in my yard but I mostly leave them alone since I'm going for an informal look anyway.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Could be a bleeding heart or other Dicentra species. I'd let it grow. Flower buds will probably be appearing fairly soon.

Reply to
Amos Nomore

I agree may be a bleeding heart. White or red will take some time. Good plant.

Reply to
Bill who putters

Many thanks guys I'll leave it to grow and see what happens Thanks Derek

Derek Lax