Flower ID please

Hi,
We have a couple of kinds of flowering plants in our garden that we can't identify and we are curious about what they might be. I have pictures here: http://bgardening.blogspot.com/
With the first (labeled on the above page as plant #1) the height varies from 2-3ish feet, the leaves are long, thin, and spiky, the red flowers grow close to the stem of the plant.
Plants 2 & 3 get to be about 4 feet high with pink flowers that have 4 petals. The leaves on one are broad and ruffled, on the other they are long and skinny. The flowers on both are the same so I assume they are the same kind of plant and perhaps the leaf differences are from water or soil differences?
Plants like 2 & 3 have been growing in our backyard for a couple of years now and are showing up all over the place, #1 is new as of this year and might have been from one of two Mackenzie Seeds flower mix seed packets I planted around the garden, though the plant isn't pictured on the packets.
I'm in Canada, near lake Ontario. J
2 and 3 are the same plant, it is Hollyhock mallow, Malva alcea. Number one looks like garden balsam, Impatiens balsamina, though it looks pretty big.
Toad
Thanks!
It is pretty big, one of the plants is around half the height of the sunflower plant behind it, so about 3ft tall. It gets sun all day and soaked when I water the pumpkin plant to the right of it, which seems to make it happy. There is another balsam beside the deck (that only has sun half the day and is watered less) which is taller, but not quite as full looking.

one
Thanks! J