Flower ID/Cloning info needed

I should be able to ID this beauty but for some reason I can't located it in my reference book,can someone ID this for me and maybe give some growing tip but even more..how can I clone it?

maestro

Sorry to hear about your mental block.

Its a run of the mill Hydrangea, nothing special.

You don't need to clone it. Propagation from cuttings would be good enough.

Do a Google search for more info.

Reply to
Cereus-validus.....

In message , maestro writes

by cuttings.

Reply to
Stewart Robert Hinsley

AKA: cloning

Treedweller

There is a book called a dictionary, Treedhole.

Check it out and look up the actual definitions.

Reply to
Cereus-validus.....

As a well-informed gardener, I am surprised, shocked even, that you are not familiar with this term in this context. Perhaps you are only pretending because you couldn't find anything surly to say in another thread?

The precise definitions aside, a cutting takes part of a plant and turns it into a genetically identical copy of the original. That's close enough to cloning for me.

If I ever get a job in a DNA lab, I'll note your objections.

PS, just to satisfy my curiosity, I did go to

I found multiple entries that support the usage of "clone" as reproducing a plant from cuttings. What dictionary did you use? The Scientists' Big Dictionary for Nitpicking?

Reply to
Treedweller

In anticipation of your next cheap shot, I did not mean to say I am a well-informed gardener (though I think I am).

What I meant was, I am surprised, shocked even, that you, a well-informed gardener, are not familiar with this term in this context.

Treedweller