Floppy Mexican Sage

My Mexican Sage that I planted late in the summer is still in bloom and looks lovely, but all the branches are bent way over, at just about 90 degrees, and then the tips grow upward. Does this plant need to be staked, or will it grow sturdier as it gets older?

-Fleemo

Reply to
Fleemo

I've had a problem with any "sage" falling over, particularly those planted in fairly good soil and receiving regular watering. My only leucantha that doesn't splay all over the place without a cage/staking is one planted in a poor, dry soil. It's at least a foot shorter and has smaller flower stalks. These are two year old plants that had the same problem last year.

John

Reply to
B & J