Floating Seeds Indication of Viability?

I'm planting a late crop of corn, and I soaked some seeds in a cup of water overnight to expedite their germination. About half the seeds are floating at the surface of the water, while the other half have sunk to the bottom of the cup. Is this any indication of seed viability? Should I discard the floating seeds and only plant the sunken ones, or vice versa?
Thanks.
On 25 Jul 2003 16:25:20 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@attbi.com (Fleemo) wrote:

http://www.citygardening.net/testseed /