flea beetle problems

I have a rather serious flea beetle infestation. Small seedlings are being stripped before they can get big enough to survive the damage. I hesitate to use chemicals that say things like "wait 3 weeks after using this before harvest". Garlic spray doesn't work. Wood ashes doesn't work. Does anyone have any practical advice on how to handle flea beetles without getting out pesticides that kills everything that lives? I'll do that if I have to, but I'm open to safer alternatives.

Reply to
Ook

I haven't tried it, but radio garden shows and garden centers in my area have been hyping Neem like crazy this season.

This Cornell web site has good details on the most widely used organic products...

AlanG

Well, chemicals do work, but follow the instructions carefully... Dust with Sevin after every rain or spray with Malathion.

Reply to
Phisherman