Flame vine

I do not have a green thumb but decided to buy a flame vine to cover one side of my open balcony. I do not like to see the neighbor's building every time I went to the balcony. The place is sunny and humid (I live in Israel's coast) and I am watering twice/ 3 times a week. A few days after I brought the plant home and transplanted it to a big vase (the plant I bought was around 3 feet big) it started to wither and the leaves are falling. In 10 days it lost half of the leaves. Is there anything special that I should have done? Is there any special care for this plant? Would passiflora be a better "beginner plant"?
Thanks
Claudia de Paula
Claudia C A de Paula wrote:

Plants should not be planted in a vase they should be planted in a pot with a drain hole in the bottom. The poor thing is drowning.

USDA Zone 8
I used the wrong word. It is in a ceramic pot with a hole in the bottom, what I called vase by mistake.