Flagstone for landscaping

I'd like to build a flagstone walkway and perhaps a couple of small landings out of flagstone as well. I'm young and impoverished (well...not quite, just the way that most young family men are) and I'm interested in what I could expect to pay for flagstone (I live in Missouri). It seems to be a pretty difficult thing to research online.
Any help would be appreciated!
Around here they are hard to find and expensive, as every landscaper is in the market. A couple of years ago they repaved a road here and as part of that they tore out the sandstone sidewalks; people were coming in at night and stealing the pieces, at least the ones they could lift, and the contractor told me I could take the broken ones, but he had a buyer for the unbroken ones.
Used bricks, on the other hand, are widely available and cheap, and make nice walkways, but you need a good foundation to keep them smooth.
Pious Audio wrote:

We HAD a flagstone walkway for a few years. It looked good, but here in New Hampshire proved to be too dangerous in the cold. It tended to get a thin coating of ice on it, but would appear to be merely damp. The uneven surface would hold the water for it to freeze. Just my two cents