Fish Emulsion Question

A friend told me that she commonly gives her plants a tremendous amount of fish emulsion, sometimes not even bothering to dilute. She says she's never had any trouble with the plants burning and they produce like crazy.

Any comments?

Reply to
Lawrence Bullock

I don't bother to measure carefully, just a glug per gallon, fish is not a very concentrated fertilizer. I don't think I would like to have much undiluted fish scattered around my yard but it is probably safe enough for the plants

Reply to
Garrapata

Indians used to plant each corn kernel with the head of a fish. I don't measure, just use about a tablespoon to a gallon of water. I use it on roses, most herbs, and (outdoor) cacti.

Reply to
Phisherman

During the fall rainy season I dump lots of barely diluted 5-1-1 fish fertilizer around my bamboos and they are growing like crazy.

Reply to
Travis