Fish Emulsion Question

A friend told me that she commonly gives her plants a tremendous amount of fish emulsion, sometimes not even bothering to dilute. She says she's never had any trouble with the plants burning and they produce like crazy.
Any comments?
On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 18:04:29 -0700, "Lawrence Bullock"

I don't bother to measure carefully, just a glug per gallon, fish is not a very concentrated fertilizer. I don't think I would like to have much undiluted fish scattered around my yard but it is probably safe enough for the plants
--
09 = ix

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 18:04:29 -0700, "Lawrence Bullock"

Indians used to plant each corn kernel with the head of a fish. I don't measure, just use about a tablespoon to a gallon of water. I use it on roses, most herbs, and (outdoor) cacti.
Lawrence Bullock wrote:

fertilizer around my bamboos and they are growing like crazy.
--
Travis in Shoreline Washington