First wildflower

I noticed, now that I'm weed-aware, that the first wildflower to poke up in Central Ohio is coltsfoot (Mar 21) ; beating forsythia by a long time.
It's just that some neighbor always had forsythia, so you noticed it.
--
Ron Hardin
snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com

I've been watching the wildflowers too. got pix of dutchman's britches, spring beauty, bloodroot. lots of violets out there, yellow, white and violet! Ah, I love spring in the mountains!
dancing in my mind, gloria in hemlock hollow (only iguanas know for sure)

Yellow mustard flowers start our seasonal pageant of changing colors.
- Bill Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

We have forsythia here and the lilacs are the first to sprout green leaves.
In my fire pit, there are pumpkin sprouts from last year's discarded Jack- O-Lanterns coming up!

Oops, sorry: I'm in west-central Indiana.