First wildflower

I noticed, now that I'm weed-aware, that the first wildflower to poke up in Central Ohio is coltsfoot (Mar 21) ; beating forsythia by a long time.

It's just that some neighbor always had forsythia, so you noticed it.

Reply to
Ron Hardin

I've been watching the wildflowers too. got pix of dutchman's britches, spring beauty, bloodroot. lots of violets out there, yellow, white and violet! Ah, I love spring in the mountains!

dancing in my mind, gloria in hemlock hollow (only iguanas know for sure)

Reply to
gldancer

Ron Hardin wrote in news:46053380.27B4 @mindspring.com:

We have forsythia here and the lilacs are the first to sprout green leaves.

In my fire pit, there are pumpkin sprouts from last year's discarded Jack- O-Lanterns coming up!

Reply to
FragileWarrior

FragileWarrior > up in Central Ohio is coltsfoot (Mar 21) ; beating forsythia by a

Oops, sorry: I'm in west-central Indiana.

Reply to
FragileWarrior

Yellow mustard flowers start our seasonal pageant of changing colors.

- Bill Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Reply to
William Rose