fireglow vs bloodgood japanese maple

Hello list,

What is the difference between the fireglow and bloodgood variety of japanese maples. I googled them, and some said both are very similar with fireglow being a much smaller and slower growth tree. Can you confirm? I'm in zone 6b.

We ordered a bloodgood but were given a fireglow instead. I don't know if I should go through the hassle of asking it to be replaced since it has been planted for 2 months :(

Thanks for any info.

Reply to
atptmt

think it is best to walk about a nursery and make mistakes first hand.

William Wagner

Fireglow is much smaller and stays red all season while Bloodgood is a good bit larger and will green out in the heat of the summer. I would far prefer the Fireglow as I feel that Bloodgood is way overused, and I think the fall color of Fireglow is superior. But then I prefer a smaller more dainty tree anyway and there must be 100 Bloodgoods on my street.

Look at the site and just decide whether you want a 20 foot tree or a 10 foot tree, assuming you will be living there 10+ years more.

Reply to
Buderschnookie
Re: fireglow vs bloodgood japanese maple open original image

You can find more differences and similarities between these two maples here

Igor Viznyy