Finally ID'd my mystery vine

If anyone is interested.....I spent some more time googling and finally tracked down the name of the weedy vine that has been plaguing me. It's Polygonum perfoliatum, mile-a-minute vine, also known as Devil's tail tearthumb; both common names give a pretty fair description of what it's like.
It was originally introduced into this country in the 1930's with a shipment of rhododendrons into a nursery in York County, PA, and has spread from there. Since I am in the next county over, it's no wonder I see it around everywhere.
There's a good article on it here:
Cheers, Sue
Zone 6, South-central PA