Filbert

Hi,

Is there are best time of year to prune the Contorted Hazelnut? I haven't for two years and it is kind of out of control at this point but I don't want to damage it as its a beautiful tree.

thanks, sonia

Reply to
Sonia Van Tassel

I always thought the idea was to let it grow "out of control" and therefore the name "contorted."

Reply to
Vox Humana

If it is beautiful then leave it alone.

Reply to
Travis

I'd love to leave it alone but its growing out into the street, sidewalk and driveway.

Anyone know the right time of year to trim it?

Reply to
Sonia Van Tassel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Pruning during the winter tends to encourage strong re-growth. Summer pruning causes very little growth and even this is weak, and can be easily trimmed. Best Wishes Brian.

Reply to
Brian

Thanks Brian.

Reply to