Fig tree question

Andy asks:
A week ago I planted a fig tree from Walmart in full sun about 6 feet out from my house. It has started to leaf out and appears to be doing well.
Is there going to be a problem with this as it grows ?
I just want a nice bush about 5 or 6 feet high that has figs.
Can I keep it trimmed to this height and accomplish this ?
Will this keep me from having any foundation problems with the roots, or should I dig the thing up and plant it farther away ?
Thanks for your advice,
Andy in Eureka, Texas
plant it further away. in fact, mine are planted in tubs. If you have brown turkey, hardy Chicago or celeste you can whack them to the ground (or they can freeze to the ground) and you will get figs that year. the rest fig on last years wood. Ingrid

Andy asks: How big is your tub ? What kind of dirt? Are dietary supplements needed ? What height do you let it get to ? Thanks.
Andy in Eureka, Texas
http://www.weloveteaching.com/landscape/figs/figgrove.htm tub as in menards type tub with no holes in it, rope handles on the side. 1 drill 1 inch holes in bottom, put down burlap, 1 bag topsoil, 1 bag manure, 1 bag topsoil and then while planting another bag topsoil. a sprinkle of superphosphate in the bottom of the planting hole. each year after I will use those jobs spikes for fruiting trees. also top dress with manure. those big 1 inch holes are part of the plan for letting them put down roots thru those holes into the dirt. then in fall when I gotta move them into the garage to keep em from freezing I cut those roots, sorta root pruning each year. even watering is essential to keep the forming figs from falling off. But if you arent going to move em at the end of the fig season you could just move the tubs, twirl them to snap the roots. I have to top em out at about 7-8 feet. actually I am already pinching them back to force side growth and they are still in the garage in the windows. If you move the tubs to root prune em then I wouldnt let them get much higher than 8-10 feet. and down there is the hot south I would cover, paint or even bury the tubs to prevent the roots from cooking. Ingrid