Fertilizing distressed St Augustine

With some help, I have concluded that I seriously goofed by applying Weed B' Gone to my St Augustine grass. The sections that I sprayed heavily are in bad shape. In addition to the Weed B' Gone application in February, I applied Scott's Bonus S Weed/Feed on March 22, 2004.

The resulting lawn quagmire is:

  1. some sections greening up very nicely (not too much Weed B' Gone sprayed there)
  2. some sections pretty bare with only some green runners visible - all of the grass blades fell off.
  3. some sections look completely dead.

I was advised to fertilize/water heavily (not with Weed/Feed though) to see if I can resurrect the lawn, but I am hesitant to add fuel to the fire. Could anyone else recommend a course of action? Location is Houston, TX.

Thanks!

Reply to
Tom Harris

Don't apply more than 2 lbs. of nitrogen per 1,000 square feet per year or you will soon find out what St. Augustine decline is.

Reply to
Judy