Fertilizer numbers.

I had a friend who had a saying for the numbers in the fertilizer. It went something like a mini-nursery rhyme. Like maybe roots, fruits, flowers. I can't remember it, and a google search didn't help. Thanks. Perry
Perry Templeton wrote:

Yeah, but your half rememberd rhyme is misleading. The numbers give percentages (by weight) of nitrogen (N), phosphor(P) and potassium (K).
N: for stems and leaves P: for roots K: for flowers
So may it was "shoots, roots, flowers"?
Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:

I believe it's "Shoots, roots, flowers and fruits."
--
Warren H.

==========
Warren wrote:

Good -- that rhymes, and has a nice beat.
Now drop the first comma.... :-)
Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:

N Shoots, P Roots, K Flowers and Fruits.
In context, the first comma should be there. It's not a sentence. It's a list, and the comma is a list item separator.
--
Warren H.

Thank you for the truly insightful contribution. I don't know how I'd cope without it.
Leon Trollski wrote:

I was wondering the same.
Warren wrote:

Right, Warren, I know, now drop the comma, and parse it that way. Makes a headline-style sentence. :-)