ferocious beasts attacking my sunflowers HEL:P!!!

Thought you might like to see some pretty sunflowers. I am guessing there are beekeepers near me. These bees were here to pollinate my Loquat a few weeks ago. No sign of them last summer when my zukes were blooming.
About how long should the seeds take to ripen after the bees are finished with them? I am guessing the birds will know...
SUNFLOWERS: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/_R-3nKDz8Lj4JVJQ_KLcrw?feat=directlink
Happy New Year!