Ferilizer pellets

Where can I find slow-release fertilizer pellets specifically for flowering plants?
I have some pellets for acid-loving plants (which I use for my azaleas and hydrangia), and some for roses, but I cannot find any for general flowing plants.
I have begonias, petunias, hibiscus, lilies, sunflowers, butterfly bush, and others.
What type of balance do hibiscus need? Do they like acid or basic soil?
- David
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 20:34:42 -0400, "David D."

David,
I have a box of Scotts Blossom Booster (18-22-8) that I bought 3 years ago. It works well for me. It's a granular prodct that you sprinkle on the soil and scratch in. Claims it feeds for up to 2 full months. I bought it at Walmart I believe. Of course, Walmart never continues to carry anything I like. My box is getting low and I haven't seen it recently in the garden centers either, but I'm still looking. FWIW...
--

Tab

Grandpa of Brittany Jade
>On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 20:34:42 -0400, "David D."
> >>Where can I find slow-release fertilizer pellets specifically for flowering >>plants? >> >>I have some pellets for acid-loving plants (which I use for my azaleas and >>hydrangia), and some for roses, but I cannot find any for general flowing >>plants. >> >>I have begonias, petunias, hibiscus, lilies, sunflowers, butterfly bush, and >>others. >> >>What type of balance do hibiscus need? Do they like acid or basic soil? >> >> - David >> >> > >David, > >I have a box of Scotts Blossom Booster (18-22-8) that I bought 3 >years ago. It works well for me. It's a granular prodct that you >sprinkle on the soil and scratch in. Claims it feeds for up to 2 full >months. >I bought it at Walmart I believe. Of course, Walmart never continues >to carry anything I like. My box is getting low and I haven't seen it >recently in the garden centers either, but I'm still looking. >FWIW... > > > >-- > >Tab > >Grandpa of Brittany Jade >born September 12, 2003
I tried miracle grow shaker this year, AND IT SUCKS! My flowers never looked so bad. I went back to bi-weekly feeding of regular miracle grow and WOW! Things are almost normal again! Lost 1 month of growth time.
Will Renkel
Thanks, Will.
I guess you get what you pay for (in terms of time and effort, that is).
I'll mix up some of my Schultz Bloom and use the watering can.
- David