Favorite daylilly sources?

Page 2 of 2
Also forgot, Jeff & Jackie, Tennessee supplies to a local grower here without any issues. I've never ordered from them and can't find them on Garden Watchdog. Good luck!
http://www.daylilybiz.com/html/about_us.html
I have to recommend Daylily.Net at http://daylily.net
Here you will find links to over 100 daylily specialty nurseries and I personally know owners of the the majority of them. I have also conducted business with each one of them.
The newest site to be update from the Daylily.Net membership is Christies' Daylilies at http://dixondelights.com and you will find some remarkabley low prices for fantastic cultivars.
If you wish to be notified whenever a new site or an updated member site of Daylily.Net occurs then sign up for the free email bulletin at the bottom of the Daylily.Net homepage (http://daylily.net ).
Bobby
--
Bobby Baxter
TheGardenSite.com

low
of
of
Doug, Doug, Doug,
Buying local is only as good as you make it. Buying Daylilies (or any perennial for that matter) from anyone other than a specialty nursery is an open invitation for problems. Even most of the Garden Centers I have come in contact with are selling Tissue Cultured plants and it really isn't that difficult for plant lables to get lost or switched.
Some of the best and nicest Daylilies I have bought have been by mail. But you do still have to be careful about who you buy from. I have a rather lager clump of HYPERION in one of my back beds, it is a lovely old cultivar, registered in 1924 with the American Hemmerocallis Society. I'd be very happy to share a few fans with you in the Spring.E-mail me about it and any others you may be looking for. I will have several cultivars for sale in the Spring.
Some of the Dayliliy growers I have bought plants from include MARIETTA GARDENS, FAVORITE THINGS DAYLILY GARDENS, as well as a number of other hobby growers and hybridizers. Both of these mentioned can be found through a google seach. Be prepared to have your socks blown off! If you do a general search for Daylily Gardens, you'll get several hundred links.
Hemmaholic See my personal site: http://damselfairsdaylilies.tripod.com/dmslfr /
Thank you - I may be in touch. Wish I had something to share, but the property I just bought is a wasteland. The previous owners planted almost nothing, except for some "mystery bulbs" which I dug up while removing a tacky post light from a circular planting area full of weeds. Oh...and they planted some sort of daylilly in a hole full of pure sand, up against the garage where 3 ft eaves kept it from getting any water.