Fast Growing Screen

Does anybody have suggestions on fast growing screens? I don't mind the maintenace as long as it provides privacy and is attractive. I need hedge to grow as quick as possible to hide my side yard from the street. I live in zone 5, Columbus Ohio. My yard is full sun. Here are some plants that I am interested in:

Golden Privet (How quick will these grow in) Chinese Elm Willow, Red Hedge Autumn olive Privet - Cheyenne

Thanks

Reply to
timdennis30

If you like gray-green foilage, Russian Olive is another alternative. We planted 12" sticks (bought in a bundle of 100) and had a six foot hedge in about 3 years. Does take a fair amount of pruning to hold it back.

It even has thorns (mostly on the older interior growth) to serve as an additional deterrent :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard