Fall Rasberries?

Out mowing the lawn yesterday, I noticed one lonely raspberry cane with a pair of tiny, anemic berries on the end of it. Not impressive, but it made me wonder if, under the right conditions and with selective breeding, could you get more than one crop per year? Just a wild thought...
They are called everbearing. Spring crop comes on the canes that grew the previous summer and bore fruit in the fall. Then the new canes repeat the process with a fall crop and one the following spring. In the fall you remove all the very brown older canes.
My raspberries bear from Spring through Fall. I am still eating freshly picked raspberries.
Karl W., coastal NC