FAIRY RING FUNGI or MUSHROOM

Hello, I just planted some new sod a couple of months ago (San Diego). In 1 part of the lawn, I am getting some mushroom growth, or possibly fairy ring fungus. Can anyone tell me how to identify if it is mushrooms or fairy ring fungus? If mushrooms, seems like I may be watering too much. But if fairy ring fungus, sounds like one solution is to saturate. Any thoughts appreciated!
Japhy wrote:

The mushrooms will grow in a circular pattern with darker green and dead grass in the middle. Like icebergs the business part of a ring is below ground. My experiance in ridding of them is to dig up the entire affected area and resod. If not aeriate with a good pitchfork and add lots of water and dish liquid mix to the fungus.
Thanks for the reply. Mine are growing not in a circular pattern, but more random. So am I correct in assuming that it not the fairy ring fungus variety....I probably just overwatering and should cut back... thanks again snipped-for-privacy@nf.sympatico.ca wrote:

Don't sweat it, the mushrooms you see are the reproductive parts of the fungi that is breaking down organic material in the soil. Old tree roots, stumps etc. Once they finish, it becomes more available to the plants. Japhy wrote: