FAIRY RING FUNGI or MUSHROOM

Hello, I just planted some new sod a couple of months ago (San Diego). In 1 part of the lawn, I am getting some mushroom growth, or possibly fairy ring fungus. Can anyone tell me how to identify if it is mushrooms or fairy ring fungus? If mushrooms, seems like I may be watering too much. But if fairy ring fungus, sounds like one solution is to saturate. Any thoughts appreciated!

Reply to
Japhy

The mushrooms will grow in a circular pattern with darker green and dead grass in the middle. Like icebergs the business part of a ring is below ground. My experiance in ridding of them is to dig up the entire affected area and resod. If not aeriate with a good pitchfork and add lots of water and dish liquid mix to the fungus.

Reply to
robson

Reply to
Japhy