fairly new to roses - what are these yellow spots?

http://s9.postimg.org/7xum08afz/rose_spots.jpg
I planted 6 rose plants almost a month ago, and all of them seem to be growing fairly well.
However, 1 of the plants has yellow spots on it. Most of them are on the lowest leaves, but I believe there are also a few of these on 1 or 2 of the newest leaves.
Is this some disease that I need to be worried about?
Thanks,
Dayton, Ohio
they can be, yes. If you pick the leaves off, discard them in the trash - just dropping them on the ground will spread whatever is on them further.

On 5/8/13 3:54 PM, Ohioguy wrote:

Look at the undersides of the leaves.
If you see white fuzz, then it is mildew. If you see orange blisters that have opened, then it is rust. Both can be treated with a commercial fungicide spray. Mix a little liquid soap into the spray; otherwise, the solution will bead and not wet the infected parts of the leaves.
If you see neither white fuzz or orange blisters, then the problem is a lack of one or more nutrients. Blotchy yellowing often means a lack of iron or zinc in the soil. Iron sulfate is easy to find at most nurseries and many hardware stores; use 2-3 tablespoons. Zinc sulfate might be more difficult to find, and roses are usually not sensitive to a lack of zinc. So try the iron first.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see

This is the case with mine - no fuzz or blisters of any kind. It is just sort of like the chlorophyll is missing from defined areas of particular leaves. It is mostly the first leaves that opened that are affected, but there is 1 leaf that is newly opened that also has this.
The rest of the leaves seem to be a normal green color. Does this sort of thing ever just happen from shipping/transplant damage?
I'll see if I can find something with some iron to help green up the leaves. Later on, I'll be adding some horse manure around the plants.

It is a virus. Google: rose mosaic virus photo
see if it looks familiar!
Emilie
Ohioguy wrote:

Those yellow splotches look like the leaves were splashed with fertilizer, or some kind of chemical... could even be overspray, perhaps from a neighbor.
replying to Brooklyn1, CrazyGardeningFool wrote: It is a virus, but will probably not be fatal like some viruses.