"Evergreen" Pulmonaria not truly evergreen in warm latitudes?

This page http://hardyplants.com/Pulmonar.htm [Apple Valley MN] says following are evergreen, but how evergreen? Do the leaves look ugly for a couple months (in October?)
P. rubra "Red Lungwort" [snip]Plants form scattered clumps with some what evergreen unspotted leaves.[snip] VAR. Albocorollata syn. Alba = has white flowers[snip]
P. saccharata "Bethlehem Sage" The most commonly grown lungwort with more or less evergreen leaves[snip] 'Mrs. Moon' = large leaves and pink buds and flowers turning to blue. 'Janet Fisk' = has large very nicely spotted leaves and lavender pink flowers. 'Sissinghurst White' = has white flowers[snip]
and do some Pulmonaria not require dividing?
TIA.
--
East of East Bay Hills, SF, CA. Sunset 14,15. & interest in nearby 16,17,9 &
E Mediterranean dry climes

P. saccharata is the species that is most likely considered to be evergreen but I don't consider any pulmonarias to be truly evergreen, certainly not like a hellebore or euphorbia. I grow P. saccharata 'Sissinghurst White' and by November or so, the foliage looks pretty ratty and I cut it back. In most seasons they will respond by producing a hint of new foliage, but no active growth and no full development of new leaves until spring. How they may perform in warmer winter situations I can't say.
btw, here it is the end of February and my Sisiinghurst White is in full flower with leaves elongating as we speak. These are excellent early season plants for the shady garden. Just brought in 'Benediction' at the nursery and it is stunning - heavily covered with intense, sky-blue flowers. This is a Great Plant Pick for you PNW gardeners.

I've never had need to divide any of mine, but they can be divided easily.
pam - gardengal
Ahh, this hands-on info is really good. Thanks

Probably go ratty slightly earlier, depending on heat buildup/accumulation.

So maybe you can calibrate these flowering times to other flowering plants.
I'll take a guess that you're about 2 weeks from initial flowering of common purple leaf plums? And Benediction began almost 2 weeks ago?

[from http://pnwpest.org/wea/ddmaps_NW.html following is interesting, but doesn't give annual sum heat]
http://pnwpest.org/wea/gis/NH_41n.png
http://ippc-old.science.oregonstate.edu/cgi-bin/nwmapmaker.pl slow. Makes nice map.
http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/calludt.cgi/DDDATAREPORT gives a long table -- ugh. Too complicated.

Purple leaf plums are now in bloom in most locations here. Can't say how long 'Benediction' has been blooming......it's an Oregon import.
pam - gardengal