Evergreen Clematis

Do any of you know any types of evergreen clematis? Or any type of evergreen vining climber? I need something to climb our fence in the front, and look nice even in cold weather. I live in the Pacific Northwest, Zone 8a. Thanks!!
clevermonkey wrote:

Research ivy.

And then say no to ivy.
Paghat has a nice page on evergreen clematis, and she's in our general vicinity: http://www.paghat.com/evergreenclematis.html . The Seattle Times had this article, too: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/pacificnw/2001/0826/plant.html .
--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
clematis armandii is the most widely grown evergreen clematis. However, the flowers are smaller than the big-flowered decidious clematis, and only come in white and light pink, so don't get your hopes up for that kind of look. They are fragrant however, so that's a bonus.