Evergreen Border Shrub Advice Needed

I live in Central Maryland - Zone 6

I would like to plant some sort of evergreen on the side of the house. The problem is that this area does not receive much sun - only a few hours a day. I have a Cedar siding covered Cinder Block house and do not want something that is going to try to grow into the cinder blocks and cause damage to the house and leaks in the basement. I want something that only gets a couple feet high.

Right now the house looks depressing because the crushed rock driveway extends all the way to the house and I need some kind of border adjacent to the house to isolate it from the driveway. I also need advise on what to use for the containment and border - stone, bricks, wood ???. The cedar siding comes down to within a couple inches of the ground (driveway)

Any suggestins appreciated.

Reply to
Paul E. Lehmann