Ever Use a Pyramid Power for your Plants?

Has anyone has tried using a pyramid to cause their plants to grow faster?
From the book, "The Awesome Life Force", Mr. Cater says to align the pyramid with the North Magnetic Pole and lower latitude areas benefit more than higher latitude areas. He also says pyramids with closed sides with a nonmetal outer layer and reflective inner layer improves the effect.
Here's a website that sells the pyramids:
http://www.dowsing.com/Pyramid/tbltop.htm
Some of the FAQs ---------------------------------------
Q. What is pyramid energy?. (So-called Pyramid Power?)
A. Abundant evidence exists to show that "energy of form" is attracted by, stored in, and emanated from model representations of the Great Pyramid. Years of investigation reveal that we are dealing with a multitude of energies, even though various researches tend to give the phenomenon a single name.
Q. What does it do?
A. It is a fact that properly constructed Pyramid replicas (based upon the measurements of the Great Pyramid) enhance meditation inside the form. Models repeatedly produce preservation in organic matter and induce accelerated growth in plants. Replicas also improve the flavor of charged foods and liquids and sharpen or polish dull metals.
Q. Is it scientific?
A. If we are to conclude that test results are always 99% effective - which seems to be a strict requirement by orthodox scientists - the answer is no. Pyramid energies fluctuate due to solar and lunar cycles. Still, successes and quality of results are remarkably high beyond the laws of chance and mundane explanations often given by science.
For example, some scientists claim that outside mechanical forces are solely responsible for the phenomenon. Others declare that pyramid replicas cause freshness in the manner of an ordinary cookie jar. But how can they make this theory stand when organic substances are naturally preserved within "open-frame" wire and metal tubing pyramids, rather than enclosed ones?
Q. Will a pyramid replica mummify organic substances?
A. Numerous tests spanning several decades have established the fact that a dehydration process takes place when living substances are cut off from their life source (such as a plant severed from its root system, or fruit removed from a tree). Preservation, or mummification, generally takes place when the specimen is exposed to the Pyramid's interior environment for a sufficient time.
...etc
http://www.dowsing.com/Pyramid/pqanda.htm
Has anyone has tried using a pyramid to cause their plants to grow faster?
From the book, "The Awesome Life Force", Mr. Cater says to align the pyramid with the North Magnetic Pole and lower latitude areas benefit more than higher latitude areas. He also says pyramids with closed sides with a nonmetal outer layer and reflective inner layer improves the effect.
[...]
In article

I tried too, but the topsoil kept washing off my head when I was in the shower, even though I did keep my pyramid hat on.
-paghat the ratgirl
--
visit my temperate gardening website:
http://www.paghat.com.html

No, I don't believe is such nonsense....
Mahatma Kote said:

What sort of nonsense do you believe in?
--

Eggs

Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone.

My twins used pyramids and other suggested ways of accelerating growth of peas for the science fair this spring - we grew a total of 30 plants - 15 as controls and 15 with different supposed methods of accelerating growth.
The net result was the 12 week old plants showed no real difference is size or yield (flower or pod count) from pyramids vs the control plants.
Most of the other stuff did not work either.
Doug
I especially like this bit

Nonsense. The scientific requirement is a statistically significant benefit that can be reproduced by other investigators. Even a 10% or 20% increase in yield or growth rate would be a huge advantage to a grower, you just have to be able to prove that it happens.
the

In other words there is no statistically significant effect observed.

What on earth do you mean by that? A cookie jar keeps cookies fresh by sealing out the air. Would you recommend that for our plants?
But

I see, it was just a straw man you were setting up there.

Revolutionary!
Preservation, or mummification,

Let me see if I have this right. If we put pyramids over things we want to grow (transpire, metabolise etc) it will make it go better. If we put pyramids over things we want to preserve it will do the opposite, ie prevent those things from happening.
Where is the switch? Godfabid I should use my pyramid with the wrong setting.
David

Surely you didn't keep reading...
ebrad wrote:

Gosh! That sounded so wonderful that I was ready to construct a pyramid over my house to make everything grow and work better. But then I got a warning from my spirit guide in the invisible black helicopter that hovers over me all the time that the aluminum foil around my head was coming loose so I re-wrapped it and the urge went away...
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Awe, I feel sad for you. Hope you feel better!

Your kit doesn't make pyramids big enough to handle this tomato monster: http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/ancientangler/TomatoGiant.jpg?t 07739316
I why would I want it, anyway? The monster makes more tomatoes than I can eat.
How about this group of zinnias, 6 feet tall and still growing?? http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/ancientangler/ZinniaJungle.jpg?t 07739397
Looks like I did just fine without your silly pyramids. If they worked, you can be sure commercial growers would've already tested and perhaps used them. By the way, your kits are ridiculously overpriced, considering we could get the same materials in any hobby shop for probably four dollars.

that's not a monster. that's a normal happy tomato. what is the shrub with the purple flowers in the background? i think i have one something like it, but it's in shade & not nearly so nice.

wow! what are they growing in? that's impressive. lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there

That's my neighbor's Rose of Sharon.

They're growing in decent soil with some compost added in early May. They're "feet" are just a foot or so from the blacktop driveway, so they're getting pretty hot every day, from noon onward. They're native to Mexico, so maybe they appreciate the heat.
That year, I used Burpee Big Tetra Mix. The year after, I just bought a 6-pack of whatever the local nursery had. Same results.
enigma said:

Yup. That's REALLY nice! =)
--

Eggs

-There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.

That may be true, but don't be so afraid of new ideas. I was asking if anyone else has done it. I've never grown anything in my life (apart from some mold on some food in my fridge).
Don't let your sitcoms and the 9-5 limit the extent of reality for you.
It's not a new idea. People have been trying to sell the same scam since at least the late 1960s. Farmers have adopted all sorts of new methods to increase their yields, because even improvements of just a few percent are important when you're running a business. If pyramids worked, I'm sure they would've been used commercially by now.
Now, go to your public library and read some real gardening books, you silly child.
oups.com:

it's not a "new" idea, unless your relative value of new extends several decades. this was being discussed & debunked in the late 60s, and i don't think it was exactly new then. i think it was something that first came up in the big Egyptology craze of the late 1800s, but i don't have cites from that period (but i may go look it up) at any rate, it doesn't really do anything for the plants, although pyramid shaped greenhouses can be rather decorative (lots of wasted space however).

hm. yeah. i don't watch tv & i don't (& never have) worked 9 to 5. maybe that's why i can spot a stupid psudoscientic "idea". lee