Ever heard of this website?

I went to

and bought some plants, they were very interesting when I received them in the mail. I live in Virginia and I had never heard of these, they are so cool! Anyone have thoughts on these carnivorous plants? If anyone is going to buy any, use
, I got my plants in a couple of days!

Reply to
mr.moogle

Billy Rose expounded:

Really. Then again I think it's funny how obvious they are about it!

Reply to
Ann

Notice where the post came from? Another of my beefs about googlegroups. Spam central. Complaints do no good. Usenet for the great unwashed.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Yes. I found the following on their website:

article states: "People with collector's permits [gather] them for us," said office manager Audrey Sigmon. "They are [easily] found along highways, in the Green Swamp and nature trails." The state Department of Agriculture has placed traps on its list of plants of special concern, meaning that is illegal to harvest them from the wild without a permit and written permission of the landowner. Fly-Trap Farm strictly complies with state guidelines in its collection practices.

The stocklist on the flytrapfarm website shows a fairly limited range of readily available carnivorous plants. I find anything I'd consider rare. Can you clarify flytrap farms collecting practices, given that the material being sold is so easily available and adaptable to in vitro propagation as to make legal wild collection, even for the stock material, unnecessary?

Reply to
Andrew

website:

The article states:

*Should read "I CAN'T find anything I'd consider rare.
Reply to
Andrew