Euphorbia nursery

Per earlier message, I finally pruned my two Euphorbias (drooping off pots on back porch), and took cuttings. Let them sit in water a week or so, and today planted them in a "nursery".
It IS mid-October, so I suppose I can't expect fast action, even in mild So.Calif coastal climate.
Just curious if anybody has had luck with this kind of operation.
HB
On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 22:17:57 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson

I have maybe 8-10 euphies....I love them, but have never tried water rooting. From what I hear, they need to be dried out for a few days after the initial baptism.
http://miami-dade.ifas.ufl.edu/old/programs/commorn/publications/crown-of-thorns-production.PDF
I have had some delightful volunteers over the years, though, and assume they have come up from flowers that have gone to seed. I just discovered one when I was tidying up the deck for the season a few days ago. At some point the pot I pulled the gerberas from exposed an itty-bitty crown-of-thorns growing at the edge. It is being pampered now.
Boron

****OMG, looks like I did things bass-ackwards!
Thanks for that very useful Web site.
***I do have another batch from pruning the 2nd pot, so will try to root them the recommended way, and will watch the results with scientific interest.

***Does sound absolutely delightful. Congrats on rescuing the "baby"!
HB
On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 22:17:57 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson

I always get a few Euphorbia myrsinites volunteers. They move when small but I've never had any luck moving bigger ones..tried rooting cuttings with no luck.