Ernest Clayton's watercolors depicting California wildflowers

  1. Ernest Clayton Collection of California Wild Flowers
    Ernest Clayton's watercolors depicting California wildflowers are the subject of this online gallery from the San Francisco Public Library (SFPL). There are 200 paintings in the complete collection, created from
1942-1952, and all are owned by the SFPL.  The gallery of images can be viewed several ways, the first of which can be accomplished by clicking on "Browse the gallery of selected images", underneath the title of the collection.  The two pages of images are composed of thumbnails and the index numbers of the paintings, which can be enlarged simply by clicking on them.   Visitors shouldn't miss checking out the painting of the Common Trillium (SFP41-0100), which is rich and lovely.  Other ways to view the collection are by the "numerical index", or alphabetically by the "common name" or the "botanical name".  The links to the aforementioned sections can be found in blue in the second paragraph of the collection's homepage. [KMG]

From The Scout Report, Copyright Internet Scout 1994-2009.

Bill who putters

Flowers

> Ernest Clayton's watercolors depicting California wildflowers are the

1994-2009.http://scout.wisc.edu/>> --

Oh Bill those are fabulous!! just beautiful, too. What a great Christmas present and just what I needed on this rainy, gray day. Thank you so much. Emilie Nor Calif

Reply to
mleblanca

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Let me join the chorus of appreciation. This pure beauty did lift me up briefly from the slough of despond about national and world affairs. Nature will be here long after we have consigned ourselves to oblivion.

Hypatia

Reply to
Higgs Boson