EPA

I had trouble posting a comment on subject
"Firms Seek Patents on ?Climate Ready? Altered Crops"
It kept bouncing with a strange error message. So I am creating a new message quoting part of the original.
--------------------
<http://www.ucsusa.org/
(Union of Concerned Scientists)
From the above URL
"The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) was founded with the simple yet profound charge "to protect human health and the environment." Yet a new UCS survey of scientists at the agency reveals that challenges from industry lobbyists and some political leaders have led to the suppression and distortion of EPA scientific findings--to the detriment of both science and the health of our nation. In the report Interference at the EPA, we propose steps to ensure the integrity of future agency research."
-----------------
I wish you luck, you brave scientists. The EPA may have been founded as the "Environmental Protection Agency", but in the last 7-1/2 years has effectively functioned as the "Environmental POLLUTION Agency".
BTW: EPA was founded in 1970, during the Nixon administration. It's illuminating to note that, despite the awful things that happened under both Nixon and Johnson, there were a number of very important laws passed to better the lives of human beings. Contrast that with Reagan, where only money and corporate interests counted.
Don't bother contrasting with the current crop of criminals!
Will things change after next November? Stay tuned. Think of your children and grandchildren...do not be deceived by rhetoric...look at the record of one certain candidate and then at his politically-motivated FLIPFLOPS.
Persephone

Conversation with a "real" Conservative: Russell Train Commentary: Russell Train, head of the Environmental Protection Agency under Richard Nixon, explains that the Bush administration has declared "war" on the environment. http://www.motherjones.com/commentary/columns/2004/10/10_207.html

Four More Years of Bush: McCain

--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars