Endless Summer Hydrangeas in zone 4

I've planted these this year and they are currently in bloom. Di I deadhead these to promote more boom?

Thanks

Reply to
new england gal

Merle O'Broham

Apparently the secret to Endless Summer is that it is a genetic freak that acts like some hydrangeas that bloom on old wood and some other hydrangeas that bloom on new wood. Hence, if you can keep the blossoms on old wood going until the blossoms on new wood kick in then the effect of constant bloom is better achieved. Deadheading never hurts as long as you don't disturb buds of new blossoms. It would be nice if they could do this with lace-cap hydrangeas also.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

Reply to
KCnRichmond

Another idiot posting an empty message.

Reply to
Travis

Still proving my point eh, asshole???

Reply to
KCnRichmond

You replied to "new england gal" but didn't write anything.

Reply to
Travis