emerald green arborvitae

I planted eleven emerald green arborvitae (evergreens) 2 months ago and used pure peat moss (along with some dog turds) as backfill for the rootball. They're each about two feet tall. I have kept up on keeping them watered, they are watered at least six days a week. I live in Pittsburgh.
My question: I have two seventy pound dogs, and have taken the habit of tossing their poop at the mounds around the rootballs. Is this a bad idea? I would expect it to fertilize them, but can it fertilize them too much? Each tree is getting about three turds a week at this rate.
I'm sorry if this seems like a silly question, but their urine (females) kills my grass, so I was worried about the same effect on my new trees.
Any helpful hint would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike