electric wheelbarrow?

I am sorry if this has been asked but for us new to the group...does anyone have any experience or know anything about the CargoMaxX electric powered wheelbarrow? It is powered by a 24 volt motor (battery) and appears quite frequently on a web search for such things. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks, Bill, Mukilteo, WA
On 5/17/04 9:50 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@mb-m12.aol.com,

I'm sorry I can't shed any light on subject wheelbarrow. It does sound like it could be a useful tool for someone who has trouble moving around for what ever reason. Can I ask why you would need an electric wheelbarrow? Gary Fort Langley, BC Canada
I think that Smith and Hawken had them in their catalog. A friend bought one to use this spring while awaiting knee replacement surgery (she also has rheumatoid arthritis) and she was very pleased with it.
Marcy Hege wrote:

Now I can guess that someone with mobility problems could empty it by simply dumping it -- assuming that you want whatever you're hauling in a heap right there. But how does one load it? Seems to me that even if it works perfectly, the scope of it's usefulness isn't very wide.
Then again I've spent some good money on things that do only one thing. I just can't see myself spending money on an electric wheelbarrow.
--
Warren H.

The product I have in mind would probably be better described as an electrically driven wheelbarrow. The motor would assist in the moving of a loaded wheelbarrow, as opposed to using the electrics to dump it. I would sure appreciate one since nearly all my landscaped area is only accessed by wheeling the goods all around the house ..uphill all the way.
Bill

There is a product here that is a jpower-driven cart: http://www.countryhomeproducts.com/TwoStepCategory.aspx?p1Name=DRPowerHome&Name=Powerwagon2Step&BC=0%3aHome&LinkType=2
Sherman
At one time someone came up with a "Hover barrow" on the same principle as the hovercraft. Good on soft and muddy ground.
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries