Electric Sprayers

Does anyone have any experience with electric sprayers used to spray fungicides and pesticides. I have a 100 vine backyard vineyard. I am currently using a SOLO 4 gallon manual backpack sprayer. I find it leaves a heavy residue of product on leaves and fruits. I am looking for something that will produce more of a mist and be more efficient. Currently it takes about two backpacks or approximately 8 gallons to cover the vineyard.

Can't help you with your question, but how do you keep deer from wrecking your vines? I've got just two, and I'm getting ready to camp out there with a weapon. That'll work for a day, but I'll be arrested, which will be deleterious to my lifestyle.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

I put up netting on three sides. I live in town but the deer are coming into town now because of all the new development. A couple of local commercial growers around me solved their deer problem by putting in an electric fence. They say that one strand about 3 feet above the ground and smeared with peanut butter does the trick. The love peanut butter but once they get bit, they stay away. One guy does this and also has a strand about one foot from the ground to zap the raccoons.

A wire fence, 12' minimum. Those suckers can fly.
On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 09:37:57 -0400, "Paul E. Lehmann"

I use a John Deere 25 gallon sprayer that I pull behind my riding lawn mower. It is OK, but if I bought another I would look for one with either a submersible pump or some kind of priming mechanism. Priming the top mounted diaphragm pump on my sprayer is frustrating at times.
However, it does produce enough pressure to get a fine mist and can reach about 20 feet high.
John
On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:08:53 -0400, John Bachman

sheesh......why'nt ya just get a friggin' rail gun and blast that crap into the stratosphere so's you can give even more of us a dose of yer poison.
Uhhh.......high pressure, fine mist, twenty feet in the air........hell, John, bet you don't get much drift, do ya?
Yeah.......that's responsible application of poison.
Do you wear a respirator when doing this?
Charlie
On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 00:46:04 -0500, Charlie wrote:

I am a licensed pesticide applicator and follow all of the storage, application, personal protective equipment, record keeping, reporting and disposal rules. I am inspected by the state every year.
The results prove the "responsible application". I have five honeybee hives just a few feet away from my orchard and they thrive there. I must be doing it right.
John
Paul E. Lehmann wrote:

I would think Solo would have an adjustable nozzle that would fit your sprayer to create the particle size you want.
Lar