elderberry bushes do not set frit

We have a lot of wild elderberry, and they grow and bloom luxuriently but I have never seen them set fruit. The blossoms simply drop. What is up here?

Reply to
donald.girod

My guess -not pollinated, try planting a few commercial varieties to add a source of pollen, Adams , Johns etc.

Reply to
beecrofter

Be sure you have elderberry, some plants mimic them and may be seriously poisonous. Some types of wild elderberries don't set fruit. some need particualr cultivars for cross polination.

Sheldon