elderberry bushes do not set frit

We have a lot of wild elderberry, and they grow and bloom luxuriently but I have never seen them set fruit. The blossoms simply drop. What is up here?
On Jul 8, 5:30 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

My guess -not pollinated, try planting a few commercial varieties to add a source of pollen, Adams , Johns etc.
On Jul 8, 5:30?pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Be sure you have elderberry, some plants mimic them and may be seriously poisonous. Some types of wild elderberries don't set fruit. some need particualr cultivars for cross polination.
http://www.seedsofknowledge.com/elderberry.html
http://www.gardenguides.com/how-to/tipstechniques/fruitnuts/berrybirds.asp
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/wildlife/msg0616020420546.html