Eggplant germination question

I have 40 pots seeded with eggplants. I have 8 different types, 5 pots of each. It's been~10 days, and right now 3 of the 8 types are at 100% germination. IE 3 of the 8 varieties are all up, and none of the others have come up. Are eggplants particular about germinating conditions? At what point do I give up, try to figure out why they didn't come up, and reseed?
Zootal said:

some more warmth if your soil temperature is less than ~70F (20C).
Is the seed fresher for the varieties that are sprouted than for those that lag behind? Or was there a possible differential in temperature between those that sprouted and those that haven't (yet)?

After enlightenment, the laundry.

They are all in a big tub together, so there are no significant environmental differences. The seeds came from various sources, but there is nothing in common there except maybe the ones that are growing all come from Thialand. Most of my seeds come from Baker Creek (rareseeds.com), and some from Gurneys and Fields (which are the same seeds, btw).
Hybrid Lavendar Touch, Thailand. Henry Fields. Good germination. Ping Tung, Thailand (I think). Baker Creek. Good germination. Thai Long Green, Thailand, good germination.
Japanese White, Thai Yellow Egg, Black Champion (long purple/black eggplants). Nothing yet. I'm not worried - I can reseed if I have to, so I'll sit on it another week or so and wait. I've raised the temp in the room they are in as it's been in the upper 60s, lower 70s, in here, so the soil is probably borderline cold.
On Sat, 10 May 2008 05:24:03 -0700, "Zootal"

Uhhhh......they are eggPLANTS.....you really do't need to sit on them to get the seed to hatch. ;-)
Charlie
<Charlie> wrote in message wrote:

Doh! <smacks forehead....> ... No one told me that!!!