Effective method to prevent emerald ash borer

Page 6 of 6
Shigos suggestions for the arboriculture.
1. Establish a strong meaningful code of ethics. Violate it and you are out. 2. Base certification on the ability to perform at specific high level. Violate the rules and you are out. 3. Develop levels for arboriculture based on education and abilities. 5. Establish a pre-arboriculture core education program that will include some biology, chemistry, physics, soils, microbiology and other natural system subjects. 6. Develop better textbooks to serve the levels of arboriculture, and core education programs. 7. Increase the number of teachers capable of teaching biology, chemistry and physics in arboriculture classes. 8. Have more outdoor workshops where professors and workers connect, communicate and touch all parts of trees and soils. 9. Have articles in trade journals written by people who are not selling products. Reduce the number of info-materials. 10. Develop workplace education courses for people who are active, and often very successful, in arboriculture but lack a scientific background. Many of these people are very intelligent, but they either left school early or were forced out of science courses were taught. Give them another chance. Shigo on DVD

Get a degree. Work in Central park. Then maybe, we can talk.
Have a nice day.
symplastless wrote:

[crossposted groups snipped (including a.g.a. which you added with this post]
Billy Rose said:
[...]

Actually, the OP started the crossposting in
Adding a.g.a. had no bearing on this thread.
[rest snipped]
--

Eggs

-Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of checks.
Today I learned that Chestnut oak acorns are born and mature on the current wood.
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/unique_parts/oak_chestnut_files/oak_chest-acorns.html
Red oaks - their acorns are born one year and do not mature until the following year. So they mature on last years wood.
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/unique_parts/oak_nr-acorns.html
Now I do not have a degree, but you can see this for yourself.
I am still waiting for Don Staples to define what a forest is to him. After all he claims to be a forester and attacks other people for whatever cause.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/unique_parts/oak_chestnut_files/oak_chest-acorns.html
I am so happy you discovered acorns grow on oaks. about time you learned something about trees.
Beware a so called "tree biologist" who has never studied biology.
Again you missed the point. Its about the fact that red oak acorns form on last years wood and chestnut oaks form and mature on the current wood. Yous a hard learner.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.