Effective method to prevent emerald ash borer

Don Staples if you claim to be a forester you should be able to define what a forest is. Please define.

Reply to
symplastless

Its in my dictionary. Where is the dictionary you wrote?

Reply to
symplastless

In tree biology workshops. which your chair was empty. Where was ya? Out cutting the wood out of the once fertile forest?

Reply to
symplastless

They don't have to show a resume- they were here

No requirement to understand trees!

More likely

Which you never read.

Stop cross posting to alt.

That is what I talk about here:

Is that a threat of terrorism? Sounds like it.

Reply to
symplastless

Dick heads write dictionaries, forester do.

Reply to
D. Staples

You seem to be a typical dumb ass, who thinks all foresters do is cut wood. Tell me, "tree biologist" do you work in virgin forests, or in the forests (all east of the Mississippi) that have been created through forestry?

Reply to
D. Staples
[...]

Actually, the OP started the crossposting in Message-ID:

Adding a.g.a. had no bearing on this thread.

[rest snipped]
Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

"D. Staples" expounded:

Listen, Donny-boy, I'm no fan of any of this. Why don't you snip your childish crossposts and go away from rec.gardens? Hmmm?

Reply to
Ann

He has a point, when shall all of you settle down and start talking about trees? Tree talk is much more interesting than all the back and forth arguing.

Reply to
Treelady

Please define what you mean when you say "forest". In other words when you say forest, what do you mean?

Reply to
symplastless

I believe it was the TREE BIOLOGIST who cross posted- get him to stop cross posting and we can go back to our own realities.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Treelady, et, Al.

The only reason you find "Symplastless" to have a good understanding of trees is that you are ignorant.

Note that I stated "ignorant" and not stupid. My statement is not an insult, but rather a logical reply based on your input.

It is obvious that none of the rest of you have enough experience with Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) to offer advice or experience with the critter.

So, instead this thread becomes a fury of insults. How ridiculously selfish.

I am the only one who has offered any positive information about this topic, with the exception of the person who started this thread - and that person was *NOT* "Symplastless".

Just because "Symplastless" has a "good understanding of trees" (a statement coming from someone ("Treelady") who may or may not have credentials), doesn't mean he knows anything about EAB.

His offer that healthy trees respond more vigorously to fend off disease and pathogens as a response to an EAB infection speaks volumes to his ignorance of the matter.

"D. Staples", a forester in the SE *IS* educated, as is "Joe" (a forester in the NE.) There are other professional people who serve the posters on this newsgroup as well. We all have paid our dues serving the public, serving private and group land ownerships and acquiring a degree from different universities.

This is something that Keslick ("Symplastless") has *NOT* done.

...and his lack of knowledge on the subject matter, along with his self-marketing is a typical combination of a scam artist.

THIS is why I suggested to the original poster to simply ignore him.

I'd recommend that advice to my colleague D. Staples once again too.

(Note to Don, cheap entertainment yes - but there are bigger bangs for the buck so to speak).

As to you other faux geniuses out there, (e.g. "Billy Rose"), please take the mensa test and see how you score. I suspect that you will not fare as well as you think.

Regards, Geoff

Treelady wrote:

"I find Symplastless to have a good understanding of trees, theier > biology and appropriate care. To ignore him is to dismiss the > teachings of Alex Shigo- anyone claiming to understand or know about > trees without due regard for Shigo's work is one to be taken with a > pinch of salt."

Reply to
Geoff-consulting forester in t

Treelady wrote:

"I find Symplastless to have a good understanding of trees, theier > biology and appropriate care. To ignore him is to dismiss the > teachings of Alex Shigo- anyone claiming to understand or know about > trees without due regard for Shigo's work is one to be taken with a > pinch of salt."

Reply to
Geoff-consulting forester in t

Get a degree. Work in Central park. Then maybe, we can talk.

Have a nice day.

Treelady wrote:

"I find Symplastless to have a good understanding of trees, theier

Reply to
Geoff-consulting forester in t

"Joe" expounded:

No, as has been pointed out, the original poster crossposted it. From abbreviated header:

From: szilagyic Newsgroups: rec.gardens,alt.great-lakes,alt.forestry Subject: Effective method to prevent emerald ash borer Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 18:19:20 -0000 Organization:

22 Message-ID:

And a goggle grouper to boot :o/

Reply to