Easter Lilies

Hi everyone, one short question. Are Easter Lilies perenials? Husband bought me a beautiful pot of E.L's and of course I would like to put them in my garden. We live in CT. and it gets cold in the winter. We are zone 6. Any help will be appreciated. snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net

Reply to
NGMinardi

Easter Lilies are a misnomer. Lilium longiflorum is indeed a true lily but is actually native to Taiwan and normally blooms in the autumn. They are true bulbs and are borderline cold hardy over much of the US and might survive outdoors in zone 6 if heavily mulched over the winter.

Reply to
Cereus-validus

They do fine in my zone 6 garden. They bloom around the end of June for me.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Reply to
gregpresley