Easter Lilies

Hi everyone, one short question. Are Easter Lilies perenials? Husband bought me a beautiful pot of E.L's and of course I would like to put them in my garden. We live in CT. and it gets cold in the winter. We are zone 6. Any help will be appreciated. snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net
Easter Lilies are a misnomer. Lilium longiflorum is indeed a true lily but is actually native to Taiwan and normally blooms in the autumn. They are true bulbs and are borderline cold hardy over much of the US and might survive outdoors in zone 6 if heavily mulched over the winter.

They do fine in my zone 6 garden. They bloom around the end of June for me.
If you have concerns, plant it somewhere close to the foundation of your house. I have an Easter Lily coming up now outside near my foundation, which survived -20 F. this past winter apparently - but it's within3 feet of the house.