Easter egg plant

My daughter in law gave me one of the yellow "eggs" from her Easter egg plant. I need to know when to havest the seeds from this pod. I plan to plant them next Spring (I live in southeast TN), but don't want to open the pod too soon and ruin what's in there. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much for the info!!! The egg she gave me is already yellow, so what I'll do is wait a few weeks and harvest the seeds. Should I put them in the refrigerator to winter over, or can I plant them in indoor pots now and move them outside next spring?
Pat

after yo remove and dry the seeds just keep them in a cool dty place. Start the plants indoor be about 5 weeks before you last frost date next spring. Unless you have a green house they won't do anything in the winter time.
On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 18:46:36 GMT, "SVTKate"

AKA Ornamental egg plant! http://davesgarden.com/pdb/showimage/53946.html

Not to be confused with the ornament plant (used by S. Claus when the elves go on strike). Ornament plants are extremely hard to grow and require a large capital expenditure, many factory workers and maybe even a mechanical engineer.
But it's still to early for that. The Great Pumpkin gets no respect. May Linus whip you with a wet blanket.