earwigs

I want to know if anyone can help get rid of earwigs. My garden i
plagued with them for nearly 3 years, there must be hundreds of them. I have tried sprays, hunting them down and squishing them and eve flowerpots with straw. Is there a natural enemy of these things that can lure in to my garden or another way that someone else has tried. please can someone help my plants are all being eaten, again
-- holly

if you have a moisture problem, take care of that and the problem will go away by itself. If you are in England where it's stereotypically rainy and dreary, that may not be possible. Get rid of any debris they might be using for hidey holes.
or you have offended the god of the earwigs and there's no helping you.
http://www.ext.vt.edu/departments/entomology/factsheets/earwigs.html