Dwarf Red Japanese Maple

This year, this tree of mine has some branches on it with green leaves (instead of red leaves). Other than the fact this is unsightly, do I need to cut off these branches so it won't affect the tree as a whole and cause all the leaves to turn green? Or, is there something causing these leaves to be green - something I can do as far as fertilizing or minerals or something to keep the tree producing red leaves?
You are correct. Remove green leaved branches~~they would become too vigorous and spoil the tree. Do they come from near the base? If so they are from the rootstock. Otherwise could be some form of 'reversion' though I have never seen this with maples. Best Wishes.

Any chance it's environmental (i.e. a shade or artificial light effect) and a genetic reversion? I haven't seen this in palmatum, but I have in other deciduous Cvs?
--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC

That's why I wondered if it could be something in the soil (you know, sorta like what you use to change the color of azaleas - I think, or it could be some other plant that some minerals changes the color of).

They are from the bottom row of branches.

Remove them and tidy up the wounds. Best Wishes Brian

tree branches is to make a proper cut just outside the branch collar and leave it at that. For more info, see link in sig below.
K For more info about the International Society of Arboriculture, please visit http://www.isa-arbor.com/home.asp . For consumer info about tree care, visit http://www.treesaregood.com /