Dwarf guavas--best ways to eat?

A year or so ago, I planted a dwarf guava tree because, well, I like guavas, I saw this tree at a nursery, and I don't have room for a full-size fruit tree. :-)

Last year it put out a dozen or so small fruits. I wasn't sure whether I was supposed to eat the rinds or not and couldn't find any dwarf guava sites that had that information, so although it was a challenge and I lost a fair bit of pulp in the process, I did peel them.

I just tried again and was able to find out that it's fine to eat the rinds of ripe guavas. So I guess I can eat these dwarf ones whole, but are there any uses for which I'd be better off peeling them? E.g., can a blender make the rinds smooth in drinks, or if I want guava juice, would I be advised to use only the pulp?

Anyone who's had experience with dwarf fruits, please suggest any other ideas you might have for using my guavas (either with or without the rinds!).

Thanks!

Patty

Reply to
Patty Winter

Here in the Dominican Republic there are lots of guava trees and we eat trhe enire fruit, as well as unsing it completely for making juice in a blender with a bit of water and straining it after to remove the seed. Very tasty and healthy.

Karl

Reply to
ckf