drought resistant ground cover?

Drought resistant ground cover?

I want to replace my lawn with a drought resistant low maintenance ground cover.

The area gets shade in the summer, full light in the winter. It has a moderate slope. The soil is thin top soil over adobe (heavy clay) typical in California. I live in Vallejo, which is 35 miles NE of San Francisco. Temperatures highs are in the 80 to 100 f in the Summer and lows are and

30-50 in the winter.

I would like a fragrant herb if there is one that would work. We sit on this lawn occasionally in the warm weather but it does not get very much traffic.

Does any one have any suggestions?

Reply to
Marc

Thyme. Does not like lots of water. Hardy in your area (Sunset zone

17). Just choose a low-growing variety such as creeping thyme.
Reply to
David E. Ross

Low growing rosemary.

Reply to