drip irrigation

I've "volunteered" to help fix up the drip irrigation around a house, nice old 1992-vintage Hardie Irrigation system with at least four circuits, bad programming, leaky hoses, ...
Two newbie questions. First, if there's a length of 1/4" hose with a cut in it, is there any point in trying to stick a patch on it or tape it, or is the only fix to replace the segment? Second, if there's a t, and I want to pull off one side and put a plug on it - there doesn't seem to be a female terminator plug in the local stores! I can put on an inch of tube with a male terminator, "goof plug" or "bug plug", in the end. Is that what everyone does?
Thanks.
J.
This place answers questions and has the greatest selection of products of any retailer that I have found. No, I don't work there.
http://www.dripworksusa.com /
I've "volunteered" to help fix up the drip irrigation around a house, nice old 1992-vintage Hardie Irrigation system with at least four circuits, bad programming, leaky hoses, ...
Two newbie questions. First, if there's a length of 1/4" hose with a cut in it, is there any point in trying to stick a patch on it or tape it, or is the only fix to replace the segment? Second, if there's a t, and I want to pull off one side and put a plug on it - there doesn't seem to be a female terminator plug in the local stores! I can put on an inch of tube with a male terminator, "goof plug" or "bug plug", in the end. Is that what everyone does?
Thanks.
J.

There is a laser-drilled 1/4" hose -- same size as feeds the microjets, that you can lay in the trough, then just set up a timer for the amount you need. I find it in the same place as the other microjet supplies at big box stores --

Thank you
oz