dracena marginata

Hi; I wonder if anyone out there can help me with this plant, it is called a dracena marginata and it has yellow tips on the leaves, also I am unsure how often to water it?? Thanks Colette

Reply to
colette

If the leaves are going yellow, it's usually because it's getting watered too much. If they go brown, they're not getting enough. Dracaenas don't like to have their roots soggy.

If the plant is sizeable (leaves are at least 10-12"), then they can be used as a fairly accurate gauge of water - when the plant has been given more water, they'll droop under the weight. As the water in the plant lessens, the leaves will "perk up" more. I generally keep mine on the lighter side, so that the leaves stay more "perky".

steve

Reply to
Steve Wolfe

Go here:

remember that google.com is your friend!

Reply to
Tom Randy